The Who: Art Basel- Basically it is a week filled with possibly the most stylish people I have ever seen across the globe all in one setting.
The What: “what is Art Basel?”? It is an annual art fair in Miami Beach. It is hosted at a convention center that exhibits contemporary artworks by both highly reputable and emerging artists. With art, comes loads of creatives in different sectors: fashion, music, architects, furniture designers and the list goes on. Therefore, in addition to going to Art Basel, there are surrounding events and parties for people interested in other areas of the arts. One of my favorites was Design Miami, which is the premier venue for collecting, purchasing and exhibiting collectible design pieces for your home. My favorite exhibitor was Southern Guild, they are based in South Africa!
- Prime Italian- A classy place typically filled with locals. The food was divine.
- Nobu- Can’t go wrong with delicious sushi here
- Ceconnis- Italian and located at Soho House
- Yardbird- fantastic southern food
- Bylbos- My favorite Mediterranean restaurant by far. Reminded me of being in Istanbul.
- DI/RT- go here for a clean and healthy breakfast. I started my mornings here with a matcha green tea latte with coconut milk, avo toast and an egg whites bowl.
- My Ceviche- hole in the wall ceviche place that is incredible. Don’t get me started on the Tajin seasoned lime chips. HEAVEN.
o You can expect parties from Louis Vuitton, Moschino, Gucci, Public School, Coach, Ellery, the actual artists and many private musical performances. This year I got to see A$AP Rocky as well as Lauryn Hill. There are honestly so many going on throughout the night so you have a great opportunity to party hop. I used Lyft to go from party to party as I was wearing high heels! Now if you are into nightlife, the clubs in Miami also throw quite a few parties that last all night long. Check out Elleven, LIV, Afterlife, Wall.
o The hottest hotels this week were:
- W Hotel
- Soho Beach House (the best ambiance)
- The Setai
Wear: Pack resort wear or go shopping! So many boutiques on Collins Ave, my personal favorite? The Webster. Super high end curated shop. Also, check out the new Miami Design District for luxury retail (and good food).
Advice: I am a queen of spreadsheets, so I made a full blown daily plan from morning to the evening of things I would like to do. I legitimately scheduled in work hours, beach time, museum/art exhibits I wanted to visit, dinner reservations and events. DO IT. It is a life saver.
Shop My Looks!