Okay so I felt like this post was extremely fitting given my current week. I honestly could list 100 things that annoyed me. This election, something silly at work (perhaps being on the road at 5AM this morning to get to a meeting), feeling like my friend was not being thoughtful of my feelings in a situation, missing my dinner partner (Eric being gone on the East Coast and Vegas) and feeling like I have been overeating and definitely not fitting in my halloween costume..lol oh and identity location crisis NY, LA or OC? Small world problems? ABSOLUTELY. But that is A-okay. People think that just because there are bigger issues in the world you are not allowed to have feelings. WRONG, it would be insane not to. Just in moderation. Like don't only sweat the small stuff and not care about the REAL big issues in life.
Personally, I am a sensitive person. I love the people in my life so much (including my colleagues!) that I bring them in like family. Sometimes it is a WONDERFUL thing as I have been able to grow some incredible friendships with people and sometimes people you bring close just suck and disappoint you a lot. Sometimes you realize that what you identify as being a good friend (or whatever your relationship is with that person) doesn't always align with that the other person thinks or is willing to give back. Basically if you are not a ride or die/loyal for life friend, fam member or lover...then bye! HAHA no but really, you are saving yourself from heartache and future disappointment. You can gradually let go of a person too, sometimes when it is abrupt, it sucks for both parties.
Anyways, I wanted to think of some things that make me happy so I made a list below:
- quality time with people (consistently...I think consistency in any friendship is important)
- walking by the ocean at my favorite spot in OC
- seeing my parents happy
- date night
- getting dressed up
- reading a good article or blog post
- shopping (obv)
- bubble bath
- drinking wine in an outdoor patio sitting by the fire (specific enough?)
- yoga (which I really miss so much and have been so sad I have not gone in over a year. I injured my neck (bulged discs) and working out has been a huge missing happy component that I have not been able to incorporate in my life.
- travel (needing a getaway! Where should I go?)
- my moms cooking
- words of affirmation from the ones I love
- feeling supported by family and friends
- Flowers for any occasion (not just from your S/O either. I love when my dad brings Orchids arrangements and peonies to my mom and I)
- seeing a butterfly or little birdie (makes me think my brother is visiting me)
Genuinely interested in hearing the things that make you happy! Send me an email!
Shop The Look!