Nothing makes me happier than getting ready for music festivals, and then there is this one magical music festival that people from all over the world fly in for, and lucky for me, it is a couple hours away from my backyard! I have all of my Coachella survival guide tips listed for you below and I also have pictures from a fun shoot I did wearing this gorgeous yet affordable outfit. On Thursday I will post all of my favorite fashionista’s pics from previous festivals and also provide you a list of places to shop to get your last minute outfit additions.
1. Stock up on stylish boho-chic outfits. Some of you may say you go for the music, but I am calling BS on that. If it were just for the music, then it would not be such a fashion show. So since we are all aware that it is a “who wore a cuter outfit” for all of the fashionistas in attendance, I have provided a few tips for you below.
a. Loose fitting bottoms, whether that means they are thin printed wide-legged pants or high-waisted shorts. Just make sure they are not glued to you. You want to be able to dance and feel free.
b. Comfy shoes – booties or converse will be your best friend. Try gladiator sandals if you want to step it up a notch.
c. Fringe is in- go for it
d. Body jewelry and flash tattoos- load up on these and place them all over your body. I am really into thigh jewelry these days. It is super sexy and simple.
e. Leather fanny pack or crossover bag. I do not suggest backpacks because you may not feel someone unzipping your bag while you are busy feelin the music!
f. Cheap sunnies. Misplacing Chanel sunglasses at the festival sucks. Go to Forever 21 and pick up a pair of fun stylish sunglasses.
2. Hello H20- the festival is in the desert and you are spending hours in the sun. Make sure you bring cash for water bottles and fuel your body with water and do not forget to grab a snack!
3. Rent a locker- throw in a jacket or even leggings in there. It gets cold at night and if you had too many treats at the festival the weather changes may bug you.
4. Cell phone- do not count on having cell phone service. There may be areas that you have service, so expect delays from people you text. To conserve battery, first off bring a mophie, but for all other times you are not using your phone, set it to airplane mode or turn it off completely.
5. Take car or shuttle service from your house you rented/hotel to the festival instead of driving and parking. Getting out of the parking lot is a nightmare. It takes practically an hour! You can get this information on Coachella.com
6. Hygiene- don’t be gross. Pack baby wipes for a little DIY shower sesh in the bathrooms, hand sanitizer and travel size deodorant
7. Beauty- pack a mini sunscreen, lip balm, powder and body spray
8. If you are camping, bring the necessities! Food, drinks, BEER, Sophia champagne cans (my favorite). You cannot bring this into the actual concert area, but you will need it for your pre and post parties!
9. Stick with your friends. It is hard to find each other, so if you choose to part ways, set up a meeting point that you will always go if one of you lose each other
10. My absolute NO NOs-
a. do not forget bandaids in your bags. If you get blisters on your feet or you fall, you want to make sure you clean the area with water and get yourself fixed so you do not have to leave the show.
b. Do not try to sneak food or alcohol in
c. No selfie sticks or video cameras are allowed
d. No chairs or umbrellas are allowed
e. Don’t be annoying, everyone is there to have fun so be chill. You paid a lot of money to be there so enjoy it and do not sweat the small stuff!