We have all had those mornings where we wished Starbucks was connected to our veins via IV and the back to back meetings we dread attending are minutes away. In fact, these mornings happen for me about once a week. I love my job, I love my team, but I am such an insomniac that sleep seems to get the best of me, and by that I mean I should be an actress in Twilight. I am straight up vampire status. Since I am well aware of this little issue of mine, I had to adapt and figure out a way to sleep in as much as I possibly could but still have enough time to take a quick shower, spruce up my hair a bit and wear a stellar outfit. I have compiled a list of morning musts to get out of the door quickly below.
1. Pick out your outfit the night before and steam/iron it if needed then as well
2. Try to wash your hair before you go to bed instead of in the morning. If you are in a bind, you may not have enough time to blow-dry your hair and you could end up looking like a hot mess walking into work with wet dog-like hair
3. Organize your closet to best suit a busy person's lifestyle, don't let your busy lifestyle take over your closet and have it look like a complete rats nest. A clean organized environment is so essential for the busy bees of the world. Try organizing your outerwear in one section of your closet. That also includes your blazers! Also try this same approach with blouses, trousers, skirts and dresses. That way when you walk into your closet, you will be walking in with a game-plan. Is today a flowy-dress day to hide the gallon of pizza and ice-cream you at the night before, or is it a fitted trouser and blouse sort of day. Trust me, this trick is EVERYTHING!
4. Is your jewelry box a box full of tangled necklaces that you dare not untangle? That is how mine used to be. I literally was scared to go in my jewelry box because I knew it would result in a failed attempt of unraveling my pieces or it would result in me breaking my necklaces out of frustration. Keep your jewelry box tamed! Adding accessories to your outfits is important, so make sure you put aside an hour to fix that tangled mess. It will definitely make your morning necklace scavenger hunt a little more pleasant to deal with.
5. Pack your bag the night before. Nothing stresses me out more than showing up to the office and knowing I forgot my notepad or even my laptop at home. It is one thing if you live down the road, but most of us do not have that luxury. When you start organizing your work days the night before you will see how ridiculously efficient you will start functioning!
Hope you enjoyed my tips lovelies! I also added my latest must haves for work below!