Wow what a year it has been! It truly has been an incredible ride and hands down one of the best years of my life. Now don't get me wrong, this year certainly has not been perfect in every avenue of my life. There has been some highs and some definite lows, but per usual I try my best to stay level headed whether its a high or low as I believe it is good to always stay grounded and stay true to who you are in every situation you face.
Blog wise, this has been so incredible. This was my trial year, if the blog did not turn into a success within the first year I was going to switch it up or potentially give up as this blog requires me to be 100% invested, and as some of you know, I also have a very full time job working in marketing and advertising. But thanks to my loyal friends and followers, you make the late nights and weekend photoshoots worth every single bit of the investment. My favorite questions this year was, how do you make time for this and do you make money for your efforts? I believe you can make time for anything you are passionate about. There is no need to make excuses that you are too busy. Trust me, I am busy trying to make a living at work, take care of my sweet parents, be a good woman to my man and to be a good friend to those that I love, all while managing this blog. What does that entail? Working on collaborations with brands, planning photoshoots, writing, editing photos and actually posting them on the blog and various social media sites. This essentially means I have about zero downtime. But when people show support by shopping off of my blog or clicking the links on the side so I get a refferral credit it means a lot to me. What is even sweeter is when people reach out to me to thank me for various things! I get so excited and surprised by each email! I received emails from people thanking me for an outfit inspiration that they mimicked for a job interview they aced, or the travel appreciation emails I receive where people thank me for posting my favorite parts of the city. So here is my HUGE thank you to you for making this blog a success.
What are my NYE resolutions? I have a couple listed below:
1. Live a healthier lifestyle: I ate pretty clean all year, but my allergies have gotten progressively worse, so I am going to try to eat very clean meals as often as possible. It is never fun asking a restaurant to alter their menu so I could eat there. I hope they understand it is just my allergies and not me trying to be a brat. If it were up to me I would eat pizza everyday with copious amounts of cheese on it (lactose intolerant problems).
2. Spend more quality time with the ones I love: This is absolutely essential to me. Everyone in my life deserves more of my time and love. Including MYSELF.
3. Collaborate with more brands: I collaborated with a ton of incredible brands this year. My favorite was my Moments of Chic campaign for Piperlime. That landed me on the homepage of their website a couple weeks ago. I literally was floored!
4. Travel somewhere new. Maybe Prague? Greece or Istanbul? I did get to travel Europe this year thanks to my boyfriend for taking me as a surprise birthday gift. That pretty much takes the cake for the best birthday cake I have ever received. It even beats the My Little Pony's I used to beg for every year as a kid.
5. Be a better version of myself each and every year.
Thanks for all your support this year! You made it a remarkable year for me and I am ever so grateful! Sending my love to you and your families. Let's make 2015 an incredible year!