We are all always looking for the next best diet trick, or the next best "kale" to incorporate in our lives, but don't get all wrapped up in that. It is important to have a balanced diet, but try adding in some healthier alternatives here and there. Make it more of a lifestyle and not a quick fix.
Below you will find 7 must-haves to include in your "lifestyle"
1. Hemp hearts- These are powerful super seeds that pack 10 grams of protein and 10 grams of omega. Similar to chia and flaxseed, but more nutritional benefits! Throw it in your salads, smoothies or even some oatmeal in the morning!
2. Avocado- The easiest go-to snack! Slice that sucker open, add a little lime juice, salt, lemon pepper and voila, you have an easy healthy snack. You can also pair avocados with just about anything. You can make guacamole, put it on lettuce wraps, salads, and even with eggs in the morning.
3. Apple Cider or Balsamic Vinegar (organic of course)- Vinegar is your best friend. It is packed with probiotics so it helps you digest food easier and it is also filled with antioxidents that will help counter the effects of free radicals. Read about free radicals here.
4. Fresh Citrus Juice- This is the easiest to incorporate since you probably already have a ton of limes and lemons in your fridge. Switch up your water drinking routine by adding in lemon into your water. Citrus fruits offer a great range of vitamin C, folate and potassium.
5. Almond butter- This is a great protein punch when you are on the go. Add some onto a banana in the morning or for an afternoon snack. Did I mention it is also ridiculously delicious?
6. Flax oil- This is a fantastic addition to any salad dressing, shake or even just your oatmeal. The taste obviously is not the loveliest so that is why I suggest adding it to something you are about to eat or drink. Flax oil is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and it is also gluten free, vegan friendly and is non-gmo.
7. Hummus- Since hummus is so rich in protein, it can help you fight hunger by keeping you full for longer! Use hummus in place of mayo on sandwiches and breakfast sandwiches. It is delicious!
Hope you enjoyed these healthy tips!